Meatloaf, mashed poatoes, green beans….excuse me while I drool all over! This happens to be that “oh my gosh” we are having that for dinner tonight? Really? Sophie and Gracie have always loved meatloaf and mashed potatoes, I mean LOVED! Not Ella, she still will not eat mashed potatoes (insert gasp) but recently decided to try these little Meatloaves; SHE LOVED THEM!!!! Now, Ella is usually the one to ask me to make these little gems…I love making them free form and smaller, they cook much faster than when you cook meatloaf in the loaf pan, they are not sitting in the fat, and let’s be honest, who doesn’t like there own little meatloaf?
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 cup gluten free breadcrumbs (I like to grind mine up to make them finer- or you can use 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1/2 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a saucepan, combine ketchup, apple cider vinegar, brown sugar, and onion powder. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly for a few minutes. Set aside.
- In a bowl, add in the lean ground beef, gluten free breadcrumbs, onion, salt, pepper, almond milk.
- Shape mixture in to 4 larger loaves or 6 smaller loaves– place on a sheet pan– top with the sauce.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35-45 minutes (this will depend on your oven and if you made larger or smaller loaves).
One thing I really love about this recipe, you can make a double batch and freeze some. Great for a fast dinner on that busy night. Simply thaw in the fridge overnight, heat oven to 300 and bake until warm (the time will depend on your oven but figure about 20 minutes).